Monday, July 23, 2012

Swim Lessons for Little Man

Before our little family even moved into our new house with a POOL we were already thinking of pool safety for little man!

Dylan has been around water since he was young.  His first trip to the beach was 4 months old and he squealed when the water rushed past his feet.  Even though he was really LOUD during his first bath, he absolutely loves bath time!  I know he only screamed because the water was cold and I had the baby tub turned the wrong way! I had NO idea what I was doing...but we managed!

Today, he loves water even more!  He wants the faucet on the whole time during his bath so he can fill up his cups and pretend to drink.  He gets on his belly and "swims" and he loves to blow bubbles! When we are all in the pool, Dylan doesn't want to be held and he really doesn't like the inflatable gear I put on him either. He really has no choice with that though!  So the best thing for the whole family was to sign Dylan up for swim lessons!

First, we had to decide where.  Most people recommended the YMCA and Columbia College infant/toddler swim lessons.  I checked out both online and found that Columbia College had several times that we could choose and would work with Dylan's schedule.  (He usually takes a nap from 12-3)  We signed him up and so did his best friend Allie!

Here is Allie and Dylan on the last day of swim lessons!

Dylan and Allie were called the Sea Horses.  Each group had their own name!  Dylan wouldn't cooperate for a picture beside the sign but I got one of Allie!  They really had a great time together!

Say Cheese!


I did get a quick shot here!


There were 4 kids in Dylan's group.  Dylan was the youngest at 19 months old!  There was Alex and he's 2 almost 3, I think!  There was Corry and he's almost 2.  And of course Allie Jane who is a whopping 9 days older than Dylan!  They were all so close in age that they really enjoyed learning together.  And on the last day Alex brought everyone a treat.  CUPCAKES!

Dylan and Allie enjoying their cupcakes!

Throughout the week I could really see Dylan getting better!  I was most proud of his kicking skills by the end of the two weeks.  He learned how to jump in the pool to me and turn around and kick back to the side of the pool!  He learned how to throw a toy in the water, jump in and kick to grab it :)  But, I think he liked dunking the most!  Every time he went under and popped back up, he would have this surprised face that would make me and Ms. Ashton (swim lesson teacher) laugh out loud!  He's such a funny and outgoing little boy and I can't wait to see what he will learn next!


No comments:

Post a Comment