Friday, March 1, 2013

Time Flies...


As I sit here this morning I think of how life is going to change in the next two months.  Dan asked me this morning, "Are you alright?", as I brought him his morning cup of coffee.  (We have a system...he makes the coffee while I'm in the shower, and I bring him a cup when I'm out!  Perfect!)  My guess is that he noticed that I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep.  I laid in bed, playing my Candy Crush game on my iPhone (level 70 which I can NOT pass!) passing the time away until my alarm clock started going off at 5:00 am.  Playing the game keeps my mind off what I'm really thinking and feeling.  Dan must have known.
 I am scared.  I am nervous.  I feel like everything is changing so fast and I need it to slow down or stop even.  I'm extremely excited about Delaney joining our family.  I just think all moms go through a phase of guilt.  I want more time with Dylan.  He is everything to me and to know that someone else is coming...well, it's a little scary.  On top of all that, I am not looking forward to the birthing process again.  I did not have a pleasant experience with Dylan (not that any experience is actually pleasant...but you know what I mean).  My epidural did not work properly and I ended up giving birth to Dylan, my 9 pounder, naturally!  Let me just say...I still remember!!!  I know that chances are everything will work out just fine.  But I still can't help but to have flashbacks!
I'm 7 weeks away from my due date.  Time has been flying by so fast that I am sure those 7 weeks will be 4 before I know it...then 2...then 1...and who knows, Delaney Grace Plyler may want to grace us with her presence early :)
Sweet girl, I am truly excited to be your mother.  You have an amazing big brother and I am sure you will be wrapped around your daddy's little finger.  We are ready for you to be a part of our family and look forward to seeing your sweet face.  The Lord has blessed us in many ways and you are one of many special blessings He has given us.  Mommy and Daddy and Big Brother love you very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment